(Baltimore, MD 21201)
Laissez Faire, a division of Agora Financial, is seeking a highly motivated marketer to manage conversion rate optimization for their customer acquisition funnels. and grow this marketing channel in an explosive time of growth for the company.
The Laissez Faire marketing team is in a unique position within their organization. They have large marketing budgets and an opportunity to drive massive growth and make a direct impact on the bottom line of the business. Their marketing team is a motivated, results-driven bunch who wake up every morning hungry to find ways to improve their marketing and make an impact on the business.
This position is not for everybody, if your goal is to simply ‘punch the clock’ please do not apply for this role. If the thought of driving real, measurable results does not get you excited, please do not apply for this job. If you want to watch YouTube videos or chat with your friends on Facebook while at work, please do not apply for this job.
If you are up for a challenge, however, are a hard worker, and enjoy a dynamic, fast-paced environment, this job may be for you.
Candidates must be organized, driven, and eager to learn and make an impact on the business. They should also demonstrate a high level of organization, a willingness to constantly learn, and collaborate with co-workers.
This is an incredible opportunity for anyone interested in taking the next step in their marketing career. The sky's the limit for the right person as a marketer in their organization. You just need to be willing to show you will work for it…
The Conversion Rate Optimization Specialist will be responsible for improving the performance of this team's existing web assets, through scientific A/B testing. This includes testing landing pages, confirmation pages, offer structure, and email auto-responder series. This person will be responsible for monitoring competitors and industry trends to identify the types of tests Laissez Faire will implement. They will also be responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing, and determining the winners for these tests.
This role will require a high level of strategic planning, as well as communication and coordination with various teams within Laissez Faire. If successful, there is a massive opportunity to improve the performance of our web assets, as a result drive more revenue on the bottom line.
- Test elements across all user touch points to improve conversion rate, average cart value, & customer LTV.
- Manage testing across all stages of the sales funnel:
- Lead generation pages.
- Pre-sales pages (advertorial).
- Promotional pages.
- Order forms.
- Upsells and cross-sells.
- Email cart abandon series.
- Elements to be tested include, but are not limited to:
- Sales copy.
- Page design and layout.
- Order and presentation of offers.
- Identify elements of existing funnels to test based on industry trends and best practices.
- Create hypothesis and develop plan to implement scientific tests.
- Work with marketing and production teams to coordinate and implement tests.
- Identify KPI’s for each test & monitor results.
- Determine winners when results become statistically significance.
- Work with marketing and production team to integrate learnings into new funnels.
- Leverage software tools to implement/monitor tests and determine results, including:
- Google analytics.
- VWO / Google Optimize.
- Microsoft Excel.
- 2+ years of direct response marketing and/or email marketing experience.
- Strong understanding of marketing and sales funnels.
- Motivated, self-driven personality.
- Willingness & desire to take on and solve big, sometimes ambiguous problems.
- Experience implementing and managing A/B and Multivariate tests.
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics and Microsoft Excel.
- Effective communication skills.
- Comfortable working in fast paced environment.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to the link provided.
About Agora Financial
Agora Financial provides independent economic and alternative health ideas to help everyday folks live a more independent, healthy and wealthy life. They publish these ideas through print and online publications.
Agora Financial is all about "fat-tail" ideas.
Everyone on the team needs to be OK with continuous testing. Which means they also need to be OK with failing. At AF, failing = learning. And the minute you stop taking chances, shaking things up, and exploring new ideas is the minute you fall behind.
They believe in putting in the hard work, and pushing one another. They believe that personal growth and development of individuals is only a small piece of the pie. And that the real wins are higher quality products for subscribers, and success for the team at large.