(Santa Barbara, CA)
There's an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing software firms in the real estate industry! Yardi Systems is hiring for an Animation Designer to join their team in Santa Barbara, CA!
The Animation Designer is responsible for animation design and concept work for all Yardi video projects. The Animation Designer will work with creative leads to conceptualize ideas and assemble media assets into high-quality content that supports our various production objectives. Must have a strong eye for design, composition, color theory, typography, animation, storytelling and pacing. In this position, you will concept original graphics or take animation-ready assets and prep them for animation as well as create animations using After Effect, Cinema4D, etc. Creatively, you must have a strong command of multiple animation styles and techniques ranging from highly stylized to very realistic. Must be able to balance multiple projects with a quick turnaround rate. This is a great role for animation designers interested in producing a wide range of content across all Yardi distribution channels.
• Creates high quality full performance animations
• Produces post-production and final delivery of content that includes marketing videos, training, user conference videos, and more
• Trims shots, edits programs to specified lengths, and assembles segments in a way that presents a story with maximum effect
• Reviews programs for quality control and make corrections; technical and editorial
• Works with creative leads to champion the cinematic vision and establish goals, milestones, and schedules
• Collaborates closely with other departments to ensure the best possible fusion of storytelling, brand and visual language
• Creates sketches, artwork, and illustrations
• Designs animated backdrops for characters
• Crafts storylines for characters and animation that is paired with special effects, soundtracks, and other layouts
• Syncs characters' movements to soundtracks or voiceovers
• Records dialogue
• Stays abreast of trending techniques in video production and applies knowledge to projects
• Bachelor's Degree in a related area (graphic design, animation, multimedia design, fine art, film studies or CGI and 3D modelling) or an equivalent portfolio of work demonstrating expertise in the field of Animation
• Two plus (2+) years of experience in after effects
• Two plus (2+) years of experience in video editing
• Proven experience with animation and editing systems, sound design, color correction, video production and codec compression standards
• Proven expertise Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Adobe Creative Suite
• Demonstrated understanding of storytelling, pacing, timing, body movement, facial expressions and visual language
• Demonstrated eye for design, composition, color theory, typography and animation fundamentals
• Experience setting up production pipelines that align with brand directives
• Experience with hardware/software for animation, video and audio format conversion and compression
• Expertise with Motion Builder is a plus
• Experience working in (or education in) Marketing is a plus
• Experience in the real estate industry is a plus
• Experience working for a software company is a plus
• Solid foundation with all aspects of animation, editing, media archiving and media management
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively and professionally interact within a team environment
• Ability to transform creative ideas and concepts into dynamic visual content
• Highly motivated self-starter with desire to improve skills and can work independently with limited supervision
• Understanding of video file formats, video analysis and metadata
• Ability to be flexible in schedule and adapt to constant change
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to change directions quickly while maintaining and retaining the highest caliber of work
• Positive and professional work attitude
• Strong professional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to organize workload, manage priorities, meet deadlines and work well within a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
Yardi Systems is a successful independent software company with a proven history of growth and market leadership in the multi-billion dollar global commercial real estate industry. We employ talented, motivated and innovative people that are focused on delivering superior solutions to our clients and are passionate about working with other highly skilled professionals in team environments.
If you are seeking an opportunity to join a winning team, work with the latest Microsoft technologies and develop your career, then Yardi Systems is the place for you. We have a pleasant and casual work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun.
Job Perks: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, profit sharing